About The Rhined
The Rhined is a customer centric market and snack shop focusing on American artisan cheese. Our specialty is sourcing and offering the best cheese, charcuterie, wine, beer, and cheese accompaniments. A very important part of what we do is educating guests about the products we source and the farmers and producers that make our shop possible.
We are passionate about good, responsibly-produced food and great service. The environment is fast-paced, positive, and fun! The ability to multitask and the desire to be part of a new team is required. We value employees that are excited about helping to develop and grow our young business, not afraid to make mistakes, and want to learn about American artisanal cheese and the other products we offer.
We offer a collaborative and dynamic work environment and competitive pay.
This is an opportunity to be part of an opening team for a new cheese shop. This cheesemonger position includes working a full service, cut-to-order cheese and charcuterie case, plating cheese flights and pouring wine and beer for in-house guests, and working to maintain our small retail section. Candidates must be available to work days, evenings, and/or weekends as required.
- Provide excellent and friendly customer service
- Keep our cheese and other items in tip-top shape and maintain a clean and appealing display
- Prepare, cut, and wrap cheese and other items
- Assist guests in selecting cheese and other specialty products
- Maintain back stock
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working environment
- Follow and comply with established procedures including health and sanitation
- Plate, run, and describe cheese flights
- Pour and serve wine and beer
- Curate an experience for the guests, providing suggestions and guidance
- Learn and retain knowledge of cheese, wine, beer, and food products
- Clean and set/reset stations for opening and closing
- Keep work area clean and tidy, sanitizing tools and surfaces in real time
- Passionate about good food, especially cheese
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and commitment to providing excellent service
- Experience working in a fast-paced front/back of the house required, experience working with cheese a major plus
- Enthusiastic about workspace cleanliness and organization
- Weekend availability
- Accepts constructive criticism as opportunities for growth
- Maintains positive energy and productive energy-level
- Can perform under pressure and can sense ahead to help other team members in a fast-paced environment.
This position is paid hourly: $13/hr
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org